South Eastern Deputising Service (SEDS) is an AGPAL Accredited After-Hours Clinic and a Medical Deputising Service. It was established in 2015 to complement and support local GP practices in the Greater Dandenong community by providing after-hours medical services via home visits and at our After-Hours Clinic in Dandenong.
We have now expanded to Glen Waverley to provide after-hours services to the South Eastern community.
We engage appropriately qualified and trained general practitioners with a demonstrated commitment to continued medical education.
Our doctors uphold professional standards and aim to deliver patient focused, high quality care.
When you call, we may:
- Arrange for a home visit for you. Our doctors will prioritise your call based on clinical needs and location. Patients can expect a home visit generally within 4 hours of their call; or
- Book you to see a doctor at our After-Hours Clinic if within its operating hours; or
- Refer you to an Emergency service; or
- Ask you to see your regular GP if appropriate
- Our call-centre staff are trained in triage and participate in ongoing training.
SEDS bulk bills patients with Medicare or DVA cards. Please have these available when you call and when our doctor attends your home or when you attend the After-Hours Clinic.
Patients who do not hold either of these cards may be required to pay a fee.